When I showed them 7 Extinction Events I thought they would say "put real footprints where the dinosaur book is supposed to stand." Instead they liked the book, but didn't like the environment. Two people didn't mind, or actually liked the environment. Three others seemed to agree that it didn't work.
Here are some of the comments:
- It's too crafty - needs to be more artistic
- It's not enough like my work in general (serious and humorous at the same time)
- It's too small
- Paint the base black or brown so it looks like a silhouette
- Extend the base and add some fossils
- Make the base pivot to show fossils
- Add a road, so the dinosaur is walking into the future
- Add a lightning bolt to represent a disaster about to overtake him
- Put scenes from the book, or in that style, around the base
- Put fossils or something else on the bottom and mount the whole thing over a mirror so people can see the bottom
- Make my own pedestal (I found out last night that it looks great on a rock slab coffee table - but what wouldn't?)
- Make some disasters, like a bolt of lightning or a comet, that people can choose and insert into the base.
- Make the palm trees out of copper