Friday, February 28, 2020

Update on Zymoglyphic Finds

I have fallen behind on the "defining Zymoglyphic" posts. I'll have to split my finds between 3 posts. These go way back, and I lost some of the originals. Sad story about changing to Dropbox and my lack of understanding.


This photo is confusing - the actual object is the diagonal piece of wood. It's about 12 inches long. I believe this was in the "potential base" category. Still, once things are in the boxes of parts, they can end up being anything.


Magnolia flower petal. They tend to be leathery and very attractive when dry. Probably not chosen because it's beautiful, more because most people won't know what it is.


Not sure what this was. It looks like cement or stone.


A particularly interesting stick. It seems weirdly symmetrical.


I suppose everyone recognizes this - a dried red pepper. I'm not sure how it passed the test - seems a little too obvious to me, but it is nicely wrinkled.



And speaking of wrinkles, here's a beauty. Neither of us remembers what this is, if we ever knew. Clearly a piece of dried up fruit. Jim says it's interesting because of the nice patina and the you-don't-know-what-it-is factor.

No comments: