Sunday, July 15, 2018

From my sketchbook

This week I have been doing some blind contour drawings at night. And writing whatever comes to mind around them. I love the background texture the writing makes. Both images enlarge if clicked. Unfortunately much of what I write in my sketchbook is personal, so I can't publish it here. That's the deal I make with myself - I can do anything, messy, experimental, horrible failure. And it's all (mostly) private.

Drawing this skeleton blind contour made me think there are lots of interesting ways to draw skeletons. More to come. This also happens to be an interesting crop - I have an app called Atlas (iOS) that I think is for medical students. You can rotate the skeleton and take screen shots. I also like Pose Tool 3D which is good for different positions of arms, hands, etc.


This is from 3 photos of Feejee Mermaids. Sometimes overlapping contour drawings are very interesting. This is not quite, but the background saves it for me. The text is random phrases from an article.

2 comments:

eileen2000 said...

love this. the quality of the line is so fresh. thank you for sharing it. I am saving up to get the anatomy app since you showed it to me.

Judith Hoffman said...

Thank you Eileen! What a nice thing to hear. I think you will like the anatomy app. If you want to see it again, let me know.