Monday, June 22, 2020

Jim Blind Contour

Jim blind contour drawing. Jim does crossword puzzles every day. 
I am not keeping a precise count. So far there may be 40 completed drawings. And many more blind contour drawings. I don't count them because they are so quick to do, and when they aren't interesting to me I don't take them further. Of course there are some completed that I am not crazy about.



So far I have learned:

  • Using fluid mat medium for collage isn't good if I plan to draw on top. Mat medium is good to glue down tissue paper. Brushed over the top it makes the tissue paper more transparent. But it repels pen ink.
  • I really like the tannish papers with black and white ink. 
  • I got better at the blind contours so I had to switch to non-dominant blind contour. 
  • I got better at remembering how many eyes I have drawn, so have started cheating at times and adding a third one. 
  • I have no idea what to do with these. I keep wanting a finished project. It's my complete-ist brain.
  • Adding collage takes a lot of time and thought.
  • I am overwhelmed by the social part of this - blog post, Facebook, Instagram, Flickr. I need a way to streamline.


No comments: