Thursday, June 09, 2022

My Compendium of Medical Fears


Artist book made by Judith Hoffman, made of eco-dyed paper, collage and drawing.
My Compendium of Medical Fears, eco-dyed paper, collage and drawing.

I finished this book at least a month ago, took the photos several weeks ago, and finally have processed them. So I have a web page for the book. All photos and information are on the web page. I have tons of medical fears at my age (77). It just now occurred to me, if 7 is a lucky number, 77 must either be double lucky or bad luck. I'll call it double lucky.

When will my next migraine attack happen?
When will my next migraine attack happen? A page from My Compendium of Medical Fears




In non-book news, when I am stressed I have been spinning yarn. It's very repetitive and soothing. I am drafting two colors together to blend and mix up the colors. The result is almost a heathered effect. Mixing colors of fleece is different from paints. You can see most of the yarn is a medium tone. I need to make some lights and darks. It's a new challenge that keeps me interested.

Stay well, stay safe. Thanks for reading, I appreciate you all.


9 comments:

eileen2000 said...

I love this new one! Glad you "published" it.

eileen2000 said...

I enjoyed your commentary on the web page.

Judith Hoffman said...

Thank you Eileen! You opinion matters a lot to me.

Wendy Jordan said...

Beautiful

Judith Hoffman said...

Thank you Wendy! I’m so glad you like it.

Lori Don said...

What a great idea! I worry like this all of the time and you have inspired me to try some worry-imaging. The books images are wonderful and really do fit the theme well. I can see you doing all kinds of this with the idea. I say that 77 is double lucky!

Judith Hoffman said...

Hi Lori, I am delighted you are inspired. I’d love to see what you make. I think the main problem is that I could have 200 pages. I guess they could be ranked from big to small. 😀 I hope it’s good to look at them and laugh a little. Oh! That makes me think of a book that gets bigger as you read. The tiny worries are on tiny pages, etc. maybe an accordion.

Lori Don said...

Oh I think a book with different sized worries would be fun to make. You could even have pages with worries coming out of worries big and little--since sometimes worries can create worries that run amuck! Great fun!

Judith Hoffman said...

That’s a brilliant idea! Maybe we should both make one?