Sunday, January 01, 2006

January 1, 2006

New Year’s Eve parties don’t appeal to me much. Especially the aftermath, not getting enough sleep, not feeling well the next day. For me the New Year starts when the sun rises on January 1. It’s a nice time to think about what I have accomplished during the past year. I don’t make New Year’s resolutions, but I do like to look back and look ahead. I would like to make more art in the coming year. I would like to write down my dreams more often. I have been working on these projects since last summer, but this is a good time to remember my goals.

Sun Rise January 1, 2006

Some years this is a beautiful experience, others it’s a little somber. This year was a somber one. I got up around 6:30, got some hot breakfast, bundled up and went outside with a cup of tea to watch the sun come up at 7:24. The sun came up somewhere, but I didn’t see it. But that’s okay. The clouds are constantly changing and the early morning is peaceful. Looking at the sky sometimes makes me feel as if I expand into it. This is hard to put into clear words, but I feel my heart get huge.

Sun Rise January 1, 2005

This is January 1, 2005. It was very different experience. Some years I see lots of birds and the neighbor’s cats stroll or slink by, depending on the cat. Happy New Year! I hope it's all you hope and resolve to be.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed your comments and photos, Judy! I love the rain, so it was a very happy New Year's Day for me. We went hiking at Uvas Canyon in Morgan Hill and took some pics of an old house that is falling down. I filched some found objects from the ground around the house. A perfect day!

I love your postcards too! My only suggestion for the "failure" is to add some paint or an old empty tea bag, something to dirty it up a little. You could tube rivet some other element on top of that. i did that on my latest collage. It was fun to rivet onto paper. I guess one could use those eyelets they sell at scrapbook places, but this was more fun to make my own.

Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Judy, that last one was from me, Teresa E. I tried to create an account, but was unable to.Oh i see that i can put me name in below...